Hello and welcome to the first day of our week-long book club discussion of The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett! I hope you all enjoyed the book and I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions about this classic story.
For those of you who are new to the CSLJ Book Club, here’s how it all works. Every day I will post new discussion questions here on my blog and on the C. S. Literary Jewelry Facebook page. To join in the conversation, simply leave a comment on either post and then check back later to see and respond to what your fellow book lovers had to say. The discussion will last a week and while I would like to encourage everyone to participate as much as possible, it’s alright if you aren’t able to respond on all seven days. Simply chime in when you are able to or, if you like, you can go back to a discussion question at a later time and post your response when you get the chance. I will be sending out a daily email to let everyone know when the latest discussion question have been posted and providing the links to the new posts. If you would like to receive these notifications, you can sign up here.
And now, without further ado, here are the first batch of discussion questions…
- What did you think of The Secret Garden? Did you like it? Why or why not?
- Were there any parts of the book that you particularly liked or disliked? Why?
- Who was your favorite character? What did you like about them?
- Did the fact that The Secret Garden is considered a children’s book impact your enjoyment of the book?
- Is this your first time reading The Secret Garden? If not, when was the last time you read it and has your opinion of the book changed at all?
Leave a comment with your thoughts on today’s discussion questions here or head over to Facebook and join in the conversation there. You may also want to check out my previous blog post with my favorite Secret Garden – inspired Etsy finds, including handmade jewelry, accessories, art, and decor.