Hello again everyone! Hopefully by now, we have all had a chance to finish reading A Christmas Carol and can begin our discussion. Take a look at the discussion questions below. For those of you with blogs or websites, post your responses there and the come back here to:
Or you can head over the the C. S. Literary Jewelry Facebook Page and share your thoughts on the book in the comments of this post.
I am also looking for suggestions of what we should read next, so if you have a book you would like to recommend, please drop me a line!
Thank you for participating in the Blog Party Book Club’s read of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. Have a very merry Christmas and God bless us, everyone!
Discussion Questions for Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol
1. Have you read A Christmas Carol before? If you’ve read A Christmas Carol before, is this time around any different from your previous read(s)? If so, what?
2. What did you think of the book? Was there anything you particularly liked about the story? Disliked?
3. Did you have a favorite part? What image or line or scene sticks with you the most? Why?
4. Why do you think A Christmas Carol is such a holiday classic?
5. If you were visited by the Ghost of Christmas Past, which of your holiday memories do you think he would take you to see? Why?
6. While I was reading up on A Christmas Carol, I discovered that many of the iconic Victorian Christmas traditions were in danger of dying out until revived by A Christmas Carol and its popularity. What holiday traditions do you and your family observe? Are there any traditions you would like to start or bring back into your Christmas celebrations?