Hello book lovers! Since we are now halfway through the year, I thought this would be a good time to check in with everyone about the CSLJ Book Club and get some feedback about how things are going and what changes, if any, we want to make to the schedule and format.
- First things first, are you enjoying the book club? Do you mostly like the books we are reading? And are you having fun?
- Do you feel like you have enough time to read the books? Right now, we have five weeks to read each book. Would you like more time / less time?
- I am thinking of moving to an every-other-day schedule for our discussion weeks to cut down on the amount of posting everyone has to do and to give us all time to comment and respond to comments. What do you think?
- What did you think of the reading list this year? Is there any books (or genre of books) that you would like to see more of? Do you think we should stick to novels and books or would you be interested in branching out into plays, short stories, and/or poetry?
- Do you have any suggestions on how to make the book club more fun?
I would love to hear what you think so please leave a comment.
Also, since we only have four books left on our reading schedule, I’d like to start getting an idea of what books we want to read in 2016. Over the past few months, we have gotten some great book recommendations and I have compiled them into a list, along with a few books that I would be interested in reading. We can definitely add to the list so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, but here is the list so far. We have 8 slots to fill so please leave a comment and let me know which books sound interesting to you.