Today we celebrate the anniversary of George Orwell’s dystopian masterpiece, 1984, which was published on this day in 1949. 1984 has been very much in the public eye lately, becoming a much-referenced part of our political discourse and enjoying a surge in readership and book sales. Somehow I made it into my 40’s without ever picking up an Orwell book, an omission in my reading life that seemed more and more glaring as time went by, so I decided to spend a weekend reading both 1984 and Animal Farm. I try very hard to not discuss politics on social media but I have to admit that I emerged from my own, personal Orwellian weekend feeling both awed and terrified.
So in honor of the day, I went in search of the best Etsy finds for book lovers inspired by George Orwell’s 1984 and here’s what I found.
- Top Left: Thought Criminal T-Shirt by AllRiot
- Top Right: George Orwell Linocut by IntricateCuts
- Middle Left: 1984 Poster by CartaDesigns
- Middle Ring: George Orwell Book Pins by Bunnyhell
- Bottom Left: 1984 Enamel Pin by thefoundretail
- Bottom Right: 1984 Typographical Poster By TheEndQuoteProject
What do you think, book lovers? See something you love? Did I miss your favorite piece of 1984 swag? Let me know in the comments! I’d also love to hear what books / authors / genres you would like me to feature in a future “Book Swag” blog post.
Until next time, take care and happy reading!